Thursday, August 2, 2007

Long time, no post

Due to the fan in my laptop going out on Saturday morning, I haven't been able to blog for almost a week now. Got the new fan in today, and I'm back!

Lots to catch up on:
I'm going back to school. Registered last week at the local community college; taking 5 classes for 14 hours this semester, and plan to keep up that pace as long as I can. Three of the classes are online - including PE!! and a course on MS Office software - which should both be a breeze. Youngest daughter and I went to pick up my books today, and I have already started reading the Govt book - yes, I am a nerd.

My health continues to improve as I continue to lose weight, though due to headaches which I recognize as being from not taking my high blood pressure meds, I have started back on my meds. Will confirm with the doc tomorrow, but I think it's probably best. I know it will go away for good once I lose the extra weight. Had a great workout yesterday with my trainer, and youngest daughter went with and ran for an hour on the treadmill. I think as soon as I can get a job and get started with some $$ coming in, I will be able to let her join the gym with me.

Had two fairly promising interviews this week, one of which I should hear about tomorrow and the other next week. Hopefully one of them will work out - I am really hoping for one of them to come through because it is something I would LOVE doing. Fingers crossed everyone.

Both DD's are much happier with their dad as he has decided to put his new relationship on hold, at least for the time being. He finally realized what a wedge he was driving between himself and the girls, and stopped listening to his little head. I couldn't be happier - not because I really care about his relationship (I do want him to be happy), but because of what it was doing to the girls and his relationship with them. They are just getting used to the idea of their mom and dad not being together anymore - it was a little early for them to try to deal with another woman in their dad's life. They'll be ready eventually, and hopefully he can wait until then; or at the very least, not thrust it in their faces all the time.

Well, that's about it for now.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you! Can't wait to hear more about your school, and fingers crossed on the interviews!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm glad you are back online, Sharon. Congratulations on going back to school and on continuing to work out. Good luck with the job hunting!