Thursday, August 9, 2007

Houston, we have a job...

I got the hire packet via Fed Ex today, after accepting a verbal offer yesterday over the phone. The pay is $2.00 an hour more than I made at my last job, back in the staffing industry and I am very excited! I went earlier and took my drug test, and sent back the Fed Ex package with my completed forms. I start on Monday and I am sooooo looking forward to it! The benefits are good, and will start October 1; 401(k) will be available after one year. I am very, very excited and I feel like this is the job I was meant to have. I didn't even apply for it; the manager found my resume on Monster with some keywords that are things he really needs to make his plans for the department to work, so it sounds like I will be part of some very exciting changes in the coming months. Happy dance with me!!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulatiosn! I really hope this one works out for you!

Linda said...

Yea! Very glad to hear the good news! I've been checking back again and again because I had a feeling something was brewing!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations again, Sharon - that's great news! Especially great considering that you didn't even apply for it - they found you! Perfect!