Saturday, August 25, 2007

Last hurrah

Today is the last Saturday before the girls and I start back to school on 8/27. We are spending the day the way only girls can - shopping and doing girly things. I promised each of them that I would pay for a manicure and waxing (lips and eyebrows) for each of them before school started. They are also aware that if they want to keep it up after school starts, they have to find a way to pay for it themselves. I am looking forward to the day, it should be fun. And this after we had a fun movie night last night. We rented Wild Hogs and some other fun movies and just had a girls' night in. We only got through Wild Hogs before we went outside and talked with our neighbor for about an hour and a half though. Then we came back inside and I tried to watch Eulogy, but fell asleep a couple times. Oh well. We have the other movies for a couple days more so we can watch the rest this weekend when we have time. It was a nice night, and the girls and I love talking to our neighbor. He's a great guy, and is always watching out for the three of us since he knows D doesn't live here anymore. He's going to give me the name of the folks that do their lawn which is good, because even though I just paid $118 to have my lawn mower serviced, I'm not sure I really want to do the lawn myself.

The job is still going great - I just love my job and the people I work with. In fact, I made a comment yesterday that I couldn't believe I've only been there two weeks because it feels more like two years, but in a good way. My boss commented that he knew just what I meant, because it felt the same way to him. I'm having a good time at work and love, love, loving it! I don't know if I'll be able to write again before I start classes Monday night, so wish me luck as I return to school!

2 comments:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Have fun on your first day back at school! You'll do great.

I hope you had a great weekend with your girls before they go back to school. I've taken the past week off work to spend with DS before he starts second grade tomorrow.

Stitcher S said...

Glad that you're enjoying your job so much! How wonderful.

Hope you had a great weekend with your girls. Sue