Monday, July 23, 2007

Still truckin along

The girls got home from CO last night, and D and I promptly had a huge fight over the amount of time he spent on the phone with his new girlfriend. This was all the girls could talk about when they got home - no talk of the fun they had or the things they did. Just dad spent the whole time on the phone with R. So I let him have it. And finally got eldest daughter and her dad to actually TALK about eldest daughter's feelings about him dating and the new girlfriend specifically. I don't know whether anything got resolved or not - I think eldest daughter wants him to make a choice but is afraid to ask him to for fear he might not choose her. Sigh.

The job hunt continues; more or less unsuccessfully which is frustrating. I am hoping to have some interviews this week, but time will tell.

On the health front - I have been officially taken off my high blood pressure and asthma meds by my doctor. I have lost about 30 pounds, my pressure is the lowest it's ever been since I've been seeing this doc and my asthma is non-existent. He feels that it was all stress-related, which means that pretty much, my marriage was killing me. I'm feeling great, going to the gym, eating ok - not great food, but not too much of anything either. I do have times when I miss D, but mostly just him as a friend. I'm not anywhere near ready to even think about dating, but one of my girlfriends is constantly trying to get me to think about it. NOT READY.

1 comment:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations again on the weight loss - you're doing great.

As for D, he sounds like he needs a clue x 4; he'll have plenty of time to talk to his girlfriend when your DD's aren't around. What is it with men????