Monday, July 16, 2007

San Antonio was a blast! (And more good news!)

The girls and I had a wonderful time this weekend in San Antonio. We left early, though not as early as I would have liked on Saturday morning, and listened to some great cd's we had burned on the way down. Found out my daughters like .38 Special and Loggins & Messina almost as much as I do...but I digress. We got to Sea World at about 1:30 or so, and found a place to enjoy lunch. It was unbelievably hot and humid, eldest daughter was having trouble breathing and everyone was miserable so we pretty much left after the girls rode the roller coasters. We headed into downtown to find our hotel on the Riverwalk. Trying to get into the hotel to valet park was a nightmare, and took us nearly 45 minutes, but we finally got in and got checked in, so we headed up to the room to cool off and rest for a while. Finally around 6pm or so, we got up and headed out to enjoy the Riverwalk. We walked around doing a little window shopping for a while, then stopped for some dinner. Youngest daughter and I really wanted Mexican food (hello, we're in San Antonio!), but eldest daughter really did not so we had Italian. Not the best alfredo I've ever had, and the portion was ginormous and we couldn't really take the leftovers with us. Eldest daughter and I should probably have split an order, but how were we to know? After dinner, we walked around some more and did a little shopping shopping. I got a cute shot glass for a souveneir, and we went back to the hotel around 9:30 or so. We watched a movie, Georgia Rule, and then went to sleep. Breakfast was delivered to the room at about 8:15 because we wanted to get an early start so we could go to the Alamo. But it turned out the Alamo opens later on Sundays, and the other place we wanted to visit was going to be about $50 for each of us for the things we wanted to do. (Natural Bridge Caverns) So we decided to mosey our way back to Dallas on back roads and see little interesting towns and things off the beaten path. We picked up a road map at a gas station, and headed out. We went through San Marcos, Wimberley, Dripping Springs, and too many other small places to mention. We enjoyed sight seeing and doing some more window shopping in Wimberley, and just took our time on the way back. But not too much time as eldest daughter had to be back by 6pm for a meeting of her youth group from camp. All in all, it was a great weekend. And I will miss them like crazy when they leave tomorrow for a week in Colorado with their dad.

HOWEVER, I will have something to help keep my mind off it, because I was offered a job today! I had my first interview with this company last Thursday, and a 2nd interview/typing test today, and I was offered the position at the end. I am so very excited!! It is a small office of about 57 people, the pay is what I need with the chance to grow, it is work I know I can do and will enjoy as well, and the people and environment are really great. I am totally jazzed! And I start tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your trip went well - it sounds like you had a chance to enjoy some time with your daughters.

Congratulations on the job!! Woo hoo!! - I think that it will be great for you, not just in terms of earning an income, but also an opportunity to meet new people, make new friends, and move on with your life.

Margaret said...

Congratulations on getting a job, and for it paying what you need!

Kari Boardman said...

Huge congrats on the job!!!!! GOod luck!

Jill in CA said...

Congratulations on the job!!!! I hope it is just a perfect fit. :)