Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hope your 4th was good

Mine was very quiet, and relaxing. Which was good, because the night before I went out with a friend to a very smoky bar and drank more than I have in 3 years. And I barely felt it. It is very strange, and I don't understand it, but it seems like my body is handling things so much better now that David and I are over. My asthma appears to be completely non-existent, supported by the fact the I spent over 5 1/2 hours in a smoky bar and didn't have any trouble breathing at all. And by the time I left, I wasn't even tipsy despite having two Vodka Collins and a Yaeger (sp?) bomb and 3/4 of a vodka and Red Bull. It was weird.

Even though I didn't have any breathing trouble, I did get a nice headache and sore throat from all the smoke. And youngest daughter was with her dad for the 4th, eldest daughter is still at camp, so I just hung out here at the house and enjoyed the quiet day by watching a Project Runway marathon on Bravo. Then today I was up at 4:30 to get to the gym by 5 for my training session. Since it was the first one, it was a lot of measuring (I like MY scale a lot better!) and paperwork. I did put in about 15 minutes on the bike though. I probably could have gone longer, but my knee was starting to hurt.

Anyway, I'm about to jump in the shower before D comes over - we have to go to the county tax office and get my car retitled into my name only. Then I have a job interview this morning, a therapy appointment this afternoon, and an assessment session tonight for another job. If I do well on the assessment, I'll have an interview soon. Fingers crossed for me please!

1 comment:

Karoline said...

Good luck with the job interviews