Saturday, May 31, 2008

Having no friends really sucks.

It totally sucks to not have any friends. Every time I think I've found a friend, something gets in the way - usually me in one way or another. The most recent thing, I thought I'd met someone who could become a really, really good friend in someone who works for me. Wrong. The moment I tried to help her out by giving her a heads' up about something, she turned on me. Sigh.

I spent so many years of my life worrying only about David and our girls, I've totally lost the ability to be a friend. I have lots of 'acquaintances', but when you're going through the kind of stuff I am going through in my life right now, an acquaintance just doesn't cut it. You really need someone that you know you can trust with anything. Problem is, every time I've trusted someone lately it has turned around and bitten me in the ass and I'm getting tired of it.

Sorry for the pity party, but I needed to get this crap out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{hugs}}} Sharon - I know I'm not located close to you, but I consider you a friend, and would help out in any way I can, so if you need something from a long-distance friend, I'll be here for you!

Linda said...

Sharon,

Don't feel like you're the odd one out. I really don't have many "true" friends. I am single, 37, and have no kids. Since I don't have kids, I have difficulty having a lot in common with women my age. I have a DBF, but as far as the girlfriend arena, little I can count on. I have coworker "friends", but very, very rarely do I see them outside of the workplace. A girl I was friends with from 1977 until she moved back to PA in 1996, moved back to TX in August. Since then, she met this man and married him and between him and her daughter, can't talk to me most of the time. I have to wait until a day when she and I are both off, but her hubby isn't.

The good news is that I am finding that more of my casual friends are beginning to make time away from their kids now, and that helps (I think it's the age we're at now).

Stitcher S said...

Gosh, I'm sorry. I say to keep trying, and keep looking. You'll find a true friend eventually. I've known one person eight years and it's just in the past few years we've become very close friends. These things take time, and in the end you'll find a true, good friend.