Saturday, June 30, 2007

What a day!

Today has been an energizing and energetic, fun and funny kind of day. We went to brunch with my friend Dana and had a great time. Then I made the decision to NOT sell the house after all. I figured that I'm going to have to live with memories of me and D no matter where I live, so why not stay here in the house and build up some equity for the next four years? Plus, the house payment is only about $250 more than the rent on the apartment I was looking at. So we're staying put. But I've already started re-arranging and re-decorating. I'm going to continue with the work the contractors were doing to get it ready for market, and I'm even adding having them paint the front door and the outside shutters. After brunch, the girls and I went shopping for new bedroom furniture for me. I didn't spend too much, but didn't get heirloom quality furniture either so it's a trade-off. At least I will have my own bed that D and I have not slept together in, and that is what was most important for me. And I am trying not to spend too much money before I get a job. And I have promised myself that I will NOT get into debt. Except to my grandpa, who I have promised I will pay back every cent he loaned me to pay for the lawyer and to get the house ready for sale. We never did make it to the movie, but that will be just one more thing that we can do on our road trip!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Wow, Sharon! What a great week you've had. I'm reading and I love the name of your blog! I just wanted to post and let you know that it really sounds like you're starting to take control of your life, which is a great step to take! It's the first of many steps you'll make. Keep this up to date and later on you'll look back and be amazed at how far you've come! If you need a friend, I'm always here for you and I know you can do it!