Thursday, June 28, 2007

Ack!

Well, today is not starting out particularly great. I logged onto our joint checking account to see if the water payment had come out, so we could close the account, and found out we had a negative balance. Apparently, even though we have had this account for almost 12 years, and have always used our debit cards on the internet with no fraud whatsoever, the universe has decided to throw another wrench our way. We had fraudulent charges on the account. So now we have opened a fraud claim with the bank - and this delays our closing the account. Grrrrr!! I was looking forward to being able to sever yet another link between us, but no such luck for now.

Sigh. Oh well, the day can start out not good, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way, right? I'm off to wake up my eldest so we can get her room put back together now that the contractors are done painting it. It is kind of sad though, her room used to be such a gorgeous Tweety-bird yellow, and now it is a boring antique white. Better for selling the house I guess. :(

3 comments:

Jill in CA said...

(((Sharon))) I've found your blog and added you to my blogroll! I agree with the sentiment that the day doesn't have to stay bad just because it started that way! Hang in there; you aren't alone!

Margaret said...

Sharon,

Welcome to the world of New Beginning blogs! I found you and am bookmarking you, since I haven't gotten around to dealing with the blogroll yet. When I do, I'll add you to mine!

Stitcher S said...

It's neat you're thinking positively about the day starting in a rough way. That's really the way to go, isn't it?

Take care and I'll add your blog to my list, too.